Packshot Factory is recruiting for a Studio Tech Assistant to join our team!
If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated IT/film/photo equipment geek with proven experience and interest in media production, this is a superb opportunity to further your career.
As a Studio Tech Assistant, you will be responsible for overlooking the equipment in our studios providing direct support for our in-house and freelance staff both on set and in a pre-and post-production capacity. This position involves working primarily in the film department but some crossing over with photography and post-production facilities is expected including maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment associated with various departments in our company.
- Manage film/photo equipment including maintenance, preparation and testing pre-post and post shoots.
- Assist with installation, maintenance and troubleshooting associated with film and photography departments.
- Conduct hardware, firmware and software installation, maintenance and upgrades.
- On-set film camera assisting duties (i.e. focus-pulling, lighting assisting).
- DIT duties.
- Asset management and backups.
- Proven experience working with a range of digital cameras and film production equipment.
- Solid understanding of digital film camera fundamentals.
- Thorough experience working with a variety of film lighting equipment.
- Experience in data wrangling and transcoding.
- Experience of installation and maintenance of computer systems.
- Proficient with media software including both MacOS and Windows and familiar with Adobe Premiere, DaVinci, Media Encoder.
The successful candidate will also be a highly organised and motivated individual, displaying the following skills and attributes:
- Punctual, reliable and driven.
- Knowledge and a passion for technology relating to IT, media and film/photo production.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to deal tactfully and comfortably with clients and crew alike.
- Polite manner with the ability to remain calm and disciplined throughout long shooting days.
- Be able to multi-task, problem solve and prioritise under pressure is a key requirement.
- A demonstrable aptitude for detail and a methodical approach in all areas.
- The ability to work flexibly and independently.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to: quoting ‘Studio Technical Assistant’ in the subject line. Closing date for applications: Monday 23rd of September.